Chronic disease is a significant public health concern in the United States, impacting millions of Americans’ health and quality of life. We see it all around us in Garner. Taking action to improve our overall health with natural, preventative care like chiropractic is crucial to combat chronic diseases’ negative impact on healthcare costs, businesses, and the overall economy.
Here are some of the ways chiropractic care can help manage chronic diseases:
1. Improving Overall Health Outcomes
Preventive strategies and interventions can reduce the prevalence and costs associated with chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases, improving overall health outcomes.
By utilizing chiropractic care, individuals can take a natural, gentle approach to improve their nervous system function, which controls the function and movement of every other part of the body.
2. Restoring Nervous System Function
Chiropractic care focuses primarily on the central nervous system, which acts like a phone line, sending messages from the brain to the spinal cord and then to the organs. Misalignments in the spine can cause dysfunction and lack of motion, reducing the nerves’ ability to function correctly.
Chiropractic adjustments identify where the vertebrae are misaligned and restore motion, relieving the stress on the joint and surrounding tissues and nerves and allowing the nervous system to function optimally.
3. Improving Mobility and Reducing Pain
Improved nerve function is essential for overall wellness, as it can better regulate and coordinate the body’s functions, reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular disease. Chiropractic care can also improve mobility by reducing pain and stiffness in the muscles and joints, helping people maintain an active lifestyle, which is crucial for overall wellness.
4. Improving Digestion and Weight Management
Chiropractic care can improve digestion by reducing pressure on the nerves that control the digestive system. Improved nerve function can help people become more active, maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk of gastrointestinal issues, and improve overall health.
5. Enhancing Brain-Body Communication
Improved nerve function can also enhance brain-body communication, improving physical and mental performance. Why? Because lack of spinal mobility reduces brain stimulation and affects cognitive function.
6. Managing Chronic Diseases
While chiropractic care is not a cure-all for chronic diseases, with appropriate lifestyle changes, it can be significantly beneficial in managing symptoms and improving overall wellness.
Here are some examples of chronic diseases that may benefit from
Arthritis: Chiropractic adjustments can help improve joint mobility, reduce inflammation, and alleviate pain associated with arthritis.
Fibromyalgia: Chiropractic care can help reduce muscle tension and pain associated with fibromyalgia. Additionally, chiropractic adjustments can help improve sleep quality, which is often disrupted in fibromyalgia patients.
Multiple Sclerosis: While chiropractic care cannot cure MS, it can help alleviate symptoms such as muscle stiffness, spasticity, and fatigue.
Diabetes: Chiropractic care can help improve nerve function, which is often compromised in diabetic patients. This care, along with sound lifestyle choices, can lead to improved blood sugar regulation and reduced risk of diabetic complications.
Chronic Pain: Many chronic pain patients turn to chiropractic care as a non-invasive alternative to pain medication. Chiropractic care can help alleviate chronic pain and improve overall quality of life by improving nerve function and reducing inflammation.
In conclusion, chiropractic care is a natural way to improve how your body is functioning. We can create a personalized plan that addresses your specific needs and improves your overall wellness. So don’t let chronic disease hold you back from living your best life – take action with chiropractic care today.
Get started with excellent Chiropractic Care in Garner, NC
Call Schneider Chiropractic at (919)-661-2225 for an appointment. We’re excited to help you get back to doing the things that are important to you!
You may also enjoy reading The Best Chiropractic Technique For Your Unique Health Goals
- Welch A, Boone R. Sympathetic and parasympathetic responses to specific diversified adjustments to chiropractic vertebral subluxations of the cervical and thoracic spine. J Chiropr Med. 2008 Sep;7(3):86-93. doi: 10.1016/j.jcm.2008.04.001. PMID: 19646369; PMCID: PMC2686395. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2686395/
- Bakris G, Dickholtz M Sr, Meyer PM, Kravitz G, Avery E, Miller M, Brown J, Woodfield C, Bell B. Atlas vertebra realignment and achievement of arterial pressure goal in hypertensive patients: a pilot study. J Hum Hypertens. 2007 May;21(5):347-52. doi: 10.1038/sj.jhh.1002133. Epub 2007 Mar 2. PMID: 17252032. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17252032/
- Zafar H, Albarrati A, Alghadir AH, Iqbal ZA. Effect of Different Head-Neck Postures on the Respiratory Function in Healthy Males. Biomed Res Int. 2018 Jul 12;2018:4518269. doi: 10.1155/2018/4518269. PMID: 30112389; PMCID: PMC6077663. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6077663/